Squid Jigging At Kapas Island
Squid Jigging (or mencandat sotong in Malay) is a very popular activity in Kapas Island. This is due to the abundant of squids in the sea of Terengganu from the month of March until September, with the peak month normally in May.
The boat normally leaves around 5 p.m in the evening, and depending on the guest, the fishing period can be until 10p.m, or even extended until 6.am in the morning.
The jigging equipment will be provided when you rent the boat, and depending on the sea situation, the fishing location can be changed every night to find the area with the most squids.
The most challenging part is not 'catching' the squids, but rather withstanding the 'sea sickness' and avoid getting headache or vomiting, which will definitely ruin the fishing experience.
Squid Jingging Rental Price
RATE PER PERSON - RM 200 (minimum 6 to go)
* 1 Refreshment
* Fishing boat
* Return jetty transfer (Kuala Terengganu – Marang)
* Squid catching gear
6pm – Depart from Kuala Terengganu to Marang fishing village and cruise to middle of the sea by fishing boat (off Kapas Island). A guide will be provided, along with squid catching gear.
8pm – Refreshment
9pm – Transfer back to Kuala Terengganu
* Children below 12 years old enjoy 50% discount from adult rate
* Pickup at Merang or Tanjung Jara incurs an additional RM55 per person
* Compulsory guide for tour above 7 persons with additional RM40 per person
* Above rate is subject to changes on fuel charges without prior notice
* Surcharge of RM30 per person during Hari Raya Aidilfitri & Chinese New Year